Deauville to Houlgate

Before I returned to the none hotel, YOU are Deauville, I ate heartily of a assette Mixte from the kebab house opposite. At €19(AS kebab) with a bottle of water it was probably the cheapest option, and largest portion possible, in Touristville.

Left Trouville-sur-Mer, with the prerequisite baguette sandwich to eat at the first natural break, just gone eight and by nine Deauville had gone back into it's raffia box.

Had to stop for a piss next to the battery position protecting the entry to La Seine. Nasty Nazi Merde! Canisy.

Being a Goon(the Goon Show) is not anything to do with the characters from Popeye, but an in joke about onaism...

While almost falling into a ditch, courtesy of a passing articulated lorry, I was pulled out by a passing jogger. Thanks to her, once she continued on, I  knew exactly what a falaise gap is betwixt the sea and heaven...

***

After a brief, but heavy, downpour - the first of today - I come down to Houlgate via a hollow way... So Yorkshire I could scream. Holgate in Boston Spa is thought to be Roman, etc, but has a Viking name. Time for a galette complete. Next stage is to Pegasus Bridge and I can't go around it without sinking, along with the backpack I carry!

Comments

Popular Posts