Forges-les-Eaux

Thoroughly exhausted today. Unlike me to feel defeated by something when walking, but the relentless warmth is difficult.

Last year I had a similar experience coming down to Deltebre in Catalonia - that was along the coast line so there was always a coastal breeze, but this time the sun beats down and the humidity increases. It's all too much? I think I had a little heat stroke last evening. I decided to take the hotel up on demi-pension and could only manage two of the three courses. I think I was gone to sleep before my head hit the pillow? But it was extremely warm in the room so I woke some time later with a slight headache. It went with a little water, but now, as I face breakfast, I don't feel like getting all my stuff together and walking too far to God knows where in 28 plus heat and complementary humidity... It's northern France in early June...

Had a proper cleanse. Hotels which have baths shouldn't be ignored? The breakfast was good and I feel semi normal - for me - so I continue on, but heading north to Neufchâtel de Bray on the Avenue Verte with the sun behind me not Infront of me... Was going to catch the bus, but with only £2.22 left until PIP tomorrow it's impossible? C'est la vie.

Comments

Popular Posts