Dieppe and left.

How does the story end? Happily ever after or with the death of all the main characters? With a whimper or a bang?
***
OK so now I am hesitating about going to Sussex. Traveling through London, etc, will wipe me out. But so will France? And I do still have a ticket back to Leeds which misses out the fuss of the UK for just a few days... Looks like now I've hit the coast and I don't know the West (Caux) of Normandy so I am going left and not right to the same ferry terminal I've passed through once before!
***
All of life's dross is passing by into Dieppe, ready to be in the same positions they occupied yesterday, waiting the same ferry passengers who sit and stare at the dross without seeing the mirror they are reflected in. I sit awaiting the happy beads. I've not had the moment of extreme contentment: perhaps wheat fields, rapeseed fields or flaxseed fields can only inspire so much in their monotony? Cafe des Voyageurs where no one looks to have gone very far for 13.8 billion years... Yep I am carrying on. 

Comments

Popular Posts