bagpipes and snoozes

Thought I heard bagpipes and then I realised it was true just as whoever it was hit some bum notes, but I was welcomed in to Quiberville like a lost comrade: another of the 1942 beaches where many lost their lives for no gain?

Laying below the canopy of a broad leaved tree I have a place at the Chambre D'hotes Le Castle d'Vergers while it is being made ready. €65 bed, breakfast and repas this evening. Definitely worth the effort up and down the valleuses for 25kms as a fly bites my knee cap and worms work inwards on my underside! Insects seldom wait until you are dead to take you off to the next realm?

***

Showered and out for the count for two hours. No one around so I creep back to the centre along the plage to a refreshing beer. I had another EntrecĂ´te for lunch. It cost less than yesterday, but it all eats up my funds: it's good protein though. If I decide enough is enough there is a cheap flight back from Beauvais on Friday. It's all about money. Inflation etc.

Actually achieved my original plan of 5 days straight. OK I didn't make Rouen, but as there is some special event: an Armada on and I can't really afford Normandy, so I paid £20 for the flight back.

In my heart I don't want to return on Friday. Only one day along the coastline isn't enough. I enjoyed today!

Comments

Popular Posts