sleeping soundly at the Sun Inn

Blessings. Sunday and asleep by 1800. Walked back passed The Sun Inn @ Rhewl, the back road route from Carrog, and asked if they could accommodate me a night to which the landlord said 'I'll just ask the wife' and low and behold I've a comfortable double mattress on the floor, two giant Pyrenean Mountain dogs and a snack at nine, when I finally awoke from the snooze ... I was tired I apologised for sleeping ate gratefully, paid £30 and waltzed back up to the best bed so far since Wednesday. But the I was led here. I tried Corwen and the Grouse @ Carrog for accommodation, but Corwen was too expensive and rough around the edges and the sister pub to the Grouse was even more expensive and on the A5 where motorbikes were driving me bonkers. So I'd just about decided to go back to Llangollen and catch a bus, starting the long route back to Leeds already or stay again at the Hand Hotel, but I was wary of pigeons waking me up all through the night - alcohol or no. Sunday I was clean, the sun shone, the bridge and riverside in Carrog was stunningly beautiful and as I came the same point I'd crossed at 9 am I crossed my fingers and crossed the threshold, bumping my head, to a warm welcome! 

Comments

Popular Posts