Tuesday.

Tuesday's here. 6 days left of being with Ruby up on Chestnut Avenue. She's been up to their bed and now is by my side as I wait a little before leaving with her around 7:30am, when the builders arrive.

There appears to be no hot water this morning and after locating the boiler it seems very silent as I run the tap in the garage which is nearby. Sent a message to Maureen and will wash up last night's dishes once it's sorted; or resort to boiling a large pan of cold water on the hob top...

Yesterday afternoon I prevaricated a little before catching the X70, through Follifoor, to the Stray for our afternoon walk. I really wanted Lola to have a quiet one after the long one on Sunday so didn't go anywhere near to Braine Road since I returned her around nine.

***

Slept well, having had a succession of interesting dreams, until I was finally awake around 5:30am and toileted before opening Ruby's crate for her wriggle cuddle prior to her heading up to snuggle between the pillows on their bed.

***

Spent a full hour beginning the big weed clear up on the allotment. Until Monday, when it's just Lola and I again, really finding more than an hour or two is difficult as I don't think leaving Ruby with the builders is so sensible... She doesn't mind if they're there when we come back, but gets a little wound up if they arrive back when she's there...

***

We had fun, then I returned with Ruby to the incessant noise of machinery and goings on of the builders. I had to leave and now I am hoping Wetherby will dissolve...

Comments

Popular Posts