Thursday morning.

7am chimes on the lounge clock and I am sat next to lovely Ruby, again, from where she hasn't moved all night: after our adventure to Hornbeam Park Business Park and back to Wetherby Road in a loop dissected by a brief visit to The Traveller's Rest Inn and a longer stay, during a funeral wake, at Rooster's Taproom(first time visit). Both our bellies are gurgling and Ruby shifts, farts in my face and settles once more until we depart around 7:30am when those damn builders turn their radio on once more.

Woke after a peaceful sleep around 5am and that was it... At 2 I sought the toilet and at 4 I told Ruby to stop scratching the seat cover when she was building a nest in her semi-consciousness. But I feel fine regardless of those breaks. I think I slept totally from 9 anyway, having managed only a couple of pages of the new novel I've begun: Aldous Huxley's Time Must Have a Stop, before I was fast asleep.

For the first time since Sunday I've had a bath and put on some deodorant... And stuff. Emma's got Lola since yesterday so I'll spend an hour with Ruby on her own before collecting Lola around 8.

My thoughts of giving up on the allotment have gone now that Janet and Leslie have agreed to join me in running my plot: I don't mind sharing it and we'll get more out of it too with their experience and being so close to the plot too. Andy at the other plot hasn't got any interest in that really... Sharing it.

Comments

Popular Posts