strangest days

A glass of Saint-Veran in the Saltire lounge: £12.99... what was I thinking? It's French and will be less than €12.99 a bottle, but I struggle to connect with anything at all in Leeds Bradford Airport.

In several minutes I can attend the gate queue, but I thought, because it's quiet in the airport, I'd have a fashionably expensive drink. Only one. It aids digestion. And is high in antioxidants. And it's helping the economy (in France)!

...

There has to be another way? Yes there is and from Tillé to the Gîtes on Rue Paris that's The Way.

***

Losing my baggage. Lost in transit. Not on the airplane and not in Beauvais. Back in Leeds or on a beach in Tenerife, as that was the other flight leaving LBA.

***

What a day! It's not as warm this evening as most of the evenings I witnessed in Tarragona/Costa Dorada, but it is still a bit silly. Oh and it's Bastille Day on Thursday! During the decadent 4th Republic they still pretend 1794 has any meaningful existence in the 21st century...

***

I am lost. For the very first time. France has got me by all of my orifices. I can't get my head together. So...

***

Beauvais was burnt to the ground because of Freiburg... I have to try again tomorrow... But it's going to be hotter.

It is an interesting first  for me. I am only in my clothes. One of the gentlemen at the Gîtes d'Etape offered to take me to buy the stuff I might need: but what do I need?

Chablis. Interesting...

***
Except it's not a premier cru. But I am back at the Gîtes... Without any of tomorrow's functionality. And Thursday is Bastille Day!

Comments

Popular Posts