Monday 11th July.

It's going to be a hot one. Not ideal for dog walking or working on the allotment unless I do both at the tail ends of the day: a nice swim down the Ings with Ruby and Lola before 10. And perhaps head to the allotment when the shadows increase around 5.

Yesterday I watered the plot comprehensively for about an hour, almost emptying the water butt.

Didn't go crazy yesterday - popped to The Mews for 3 hours. Tony called while I was there to ask me to put on the dishwashers. I asked him if, in this weather, I had to restrict Ruby to the crate when I am out? He was OK to let her stay downstairs and be able to get to her water and lounge around on the sofas. Although I always close the curtains across the patio doors, to keep it darker and cooler, it can't be nice for a dog to spend too long in the small space they have in the corner.

Last night she was flaked out on the lounge sofa - we walked around Millennium Field around 8pm. At 4, when I needed paracetamol, because I really can't drink anymore, I got her onto their bed. We've had our 6am cuddle and she's headed up to their bed to collect more doggy dreams.

Comments

Popular Posts