Wednesday. rainiy morning.

A string of intense dreams kept me in sleep much longer. At 6:35 the noise of traffic drifts up from the heavy A1 to distract from the solace. It rained during the night, lightly yet persistent, and I believe it causes a sound inversion.

Ruby barked at around 11:30 to go out for a toilet break, then she went to mummy's bed and she's been quiet there since, just boiling her a couple of eggs.

Lola was a little lethargic yesterday (and her collar broke as we set off) so I didn't go as far as I'd hoped. There still is no water anywhere: no puddles and it's a fair walk from 14  Chestnut Avenue to Crimple Beck near to Gospel Hill.

Lola has a slight health concern: she's got what looks like a hernia around her backside. At first I thought she'd been bitten or had a bit of loose skin, she's passed 7 and has a few blemishes. A little bit of inner tissue looks to have broken through her outer layer. I touched it once and I could see she was in pain.

At first I was going to take her to the Vets, and leave Ruby with mother, but it's quite far to walk mother's and then to the Vet's. Mother is a little better from the operation on her hand so I suggested she take Lola instead.

Gosh she doesn't like being forced to get out of bed early, but will under duress: all she seems to do now is shuffle between the kitchen and the TV rarely spending the time she used to in the garden or going beyond the front door. Eighty is just around the corner...

I'd like to spend a little time on the allotment after I've seen to Ruby this morning. Afterwards I will go and collect Lola, if she's OK, and bring her here for the evening? Thursday morning we could all go to Crimple Beck without the worry of finding water on the way, a new collar and no problems with her rear-end?

Comments

Popular Posts