Tortosa

Day two over. No room in the Inn up ahead in Xerta and the Ayuntamiento isn't open to help. Better a Hostal here in Tortosa than miles from nowhere with 34 degrees adding to the mixer?

After many a minute trying to find anywhere around here in the Office de Tourism I am sent back the way I was struggling: after the Antic Pont del Ferrocarril I thought 'can I continue on if necessary'?

Central Mercat, huge, so now have Garantxa and a plate of chorizo, jamon and tripa. I almost missed out Tortosa because I didn't want to detour on such a warm day if I had to carry on to Xerta. But I don't. Tomorrow I pass through it as i hit the more demanding section if I didn't just go on the GR99 instead of the Camino?

Two short morning etapes. It's better physically and mentally. Tomorrow? That is a question mark...

... Where someone is grossly overweight it is all over the body. Fat fingers: clogged arteries. As I finish a second Garantxa I consider that tomorrow must be alcohol free. It's so easy to climb back into the merry zone. At the back of my mind I know the last two days have been a fraction of the previous three. But the temperature... It's not a race and I have no destination other than the flight back to the UK on Friday?

Comments

Popular Posts