end of day one: it's hot out there

Just managed to zone out from 4 until 5. Then hand washed some items. I've a fresh t-shirt on but, like the foods trays on the Death Star, it's wet - nothing worked that well on that monstrosity, including security, so would you trust the dishwashers?

Now it is dry. Took seconds as I walked up to where there seems to be a plethora ofcars (bar next to a Repsol), definitely put-putting mopeds and none locals: who sound Polish, Lithuanian, Ukrainian or Russian...

How does one choose from their 'voices' as it sounds just like someone speaking backwards? I usually take it from their bodies: I would say Polish? But I dare not ask. There is a politely turned out olive tree on the rotonda.

Amposta is a fairly multicultural town: well there is a large Arab contingent, and several slogans warning against Muslims (written by Nazi Christians I suppose with the accompanying anti-Nazi anthesis (anti-fascists are the same pigs))? Be liberal and stop all this bickering!

***

So bored of Euro lager in Catalonia. There are no true other options? It seems that it is either Estrella, Mahou, Cruzcampo or San Miguel and they all awful. Estrella is subtly more flavoursome and occasionally there is Estrella Galicia, but it just better than average. I am reduced to Kombucha - Kom Vida local stuff?

For a wee peek I look ahead to the weather expectations tomorrow 33°C... I'll end up in intensive care at this rate?

If the salchich on and pernil doesn't get me first. The only place to have a glass of wine and a tapes/raciones jamon appears to be Agrapats. It's also inside away from the pulsating heat: it's only early June.

God help Iberia when it becomes July/August: it reminds me of our initial experience of Perth, Fremantle, Mount Lawley, Dianella/Mirrabooka and then Craigie, where the fleas began to bite me for two whole years: don't ever have the same car pets as a cat owning seller! But we had a pool so those bites were worth it... Probably as I have no bad memories of my two years in WA. 

Comments

Popular Posts