The flight, etc

There are reasons for everything, but knowing the depths of their mysterious truths is something I find blows my mind! Just now I looked out of the cabin window just as we were leaving Blighty a little west of Brighton so I saw the entirety of Michael's and my journey from Shoreham on Sea to Brighton, then to East Dean onwards to Birling Gap before we returned west to the Seven Sisters, Cuckmere Haven, Plough and Harrow, Alfriston and hitchhiking to Seaford when the bus failed to materialize...

... As I retook my seat after a short toilet visit there was the French Coast and Dieppe - another time and another Way/Weg/Camino/Chemin. It's all open to interpretation and, perhaps, only has the meaning I give it, but my time in this universe doesn't feel random. There is my other way: the Path being the destination. It sparkles. Mañana is definitely day one of a Camino - either El Camino de Santiago desde Tarragona or another way which I will connect with in the morning.

***

The child behind me screams. Or chuckles. Alternating. Neither emotion seems a real to me. They are play actions. The Ego taking form. Unhappy for the entire universe to hear it's fury.

***

Clouds cover France as we are nearing the Pyréneés. Unless we've already crossed over into Catalonia ... No we're to the east of Toulouse. Just 300 Kms to go as the aircraft flies? Last time on the Pyrenees I fell down some boulders and surely broke some ribs. I arrived in Tarragona a bit sore and pretty exhausted as sleep had been a bit difficult since I'd come a cropper that wet morning near Vinca.

Now only 200kms to go. They've served the final beverages to bored people and handed out bundles of pointless scratch cards. We're passing close by the Spanish enclave surrounded by France where I walked from Mont Louis to find no room in any of the inns!

***

Everything is saying go south tomorrow. It's a fiesta holiday(Whit Monday) so I struggled to get to Tarragona. Then I sought food but couldn't be bothered to camp down for a full spread. A slice of pizza, two empanada and a couple of beers. Then I returned to Plaça de la Fonte. I must organise myself for 10 days from Wednesday morning...

***

The journey here was fairly interesting, as I spoke to the driver and the girl accompanying me in the back. Coming up the wall of Tarraco, behind it to the main road to the south of the Forum Square (Plaça de la Font) my memories were stirred. It's not a bad old town: kind of a shame it's UNESCO.

Tired now as the clocks strike 11. This is not arriving in Puy-en-Velay at around midnight on that fateful evening in 2013...

I got back. There will be no hangover, dog in bed or reasons to go off walking at dawn. The world is my oyster... I am heading to the Delta

Comments

Popular Posts