Away to Tarragona

Sunday morning. Took to bed rather early: around 7. And slept until around 6. It's a bit grey and sullen outside threatening rain I guess. Still the allotment needs me for one final visit prior to Spain (aka Catalonia) tomorrow.

Was woken startled by the sounds of explosions. Then I recalled there was to be an end of the proms fireworks display on The Ings. Grumbling a bit from the inconvenience I rolled back into sleep.

Getting ready for a visit to the allotment for the final time for a few days. Just to see if any strawberries are ready and to chop back some of the taller weeds along the edges: before they go to seed! 

***

Nuff done. Loads of weed clearing, strawberry protection - grass cuttings. Nice 3 hours. Quick Old Peculier in Bar Three where there are two very annoying and arseholed regulars... It's 12:30. I bet they've been at it all evening and morning as those two can drink! I've heard said that Steve is a Mason, he's a very alcoholic one. I am meant to see him as he is now: not in the past or the future... I think they just went out back to get into a car, but I might be completely incorrect...

***

Fantastic day yesterday ruined by a scoop of mother's trifle... Too rich. Woke me at around midnight and Lola was restless next to me all night. She forced herself in next to me far too early. On my way to LBA to begin this other thing and the Leeds Flyer A1 is full. Is this a sign of things to come???

***

Yes it was. Thankfully I got a pass out of jail otherwise I would not have waited for the flight. People have got here 5 hours earlier than they needed to. I was passed through fasttrack. Blessings. Just now we've been backwards and forwards to gate 9, which is almost not within in the airport, being so far beyond the normal gates, with its prefabricated building it's not luxurious. But I am in my place, 5C, I have booked one night on the Plaça de la Font at Hostal Forum(€44) and I was on my own, at that distant gate 9, for a long hour!

Comments

Popular Posts