On to the Delta.

€18 to look a little better?A Barber's shop visit to kill a little time away from the onslaught of the sea breeze in the sunshine.

It's difficult, but to see old gentlemen tending to their allotments in the mid afternoon sun I swoon! They simply feel it differently and respond due to their nature's - they were born on this flat baking delta. They'd be frozen solid in England and a bit mouldy too?

And I always wanted to see a Delta, then I recalled I'd seen the Camargue which is the same. I am losing the plot a little.

I can hardly communicate in Spanish, but Catalan has lost me absolutely: it is a completely new language for me to listen to, picking out words I understand in other people's conversations. Last year when coming off the Pyrenees, undone by the fall near Vinça, I struggled to make any sense of what was being said. Now I do understand that Catalonia isn't Spain. It's culturally, historically, socially different. It's time to learn.

Fit to burst after that half portion of duck and rice broth: rice is the local speciality as it appears to be everywhere 🤣! What was the agriculture before the 19th century? It's another place like Les Landes which is a foreign country from the early modern/renaissance one? Thank you for the food IDA Can Machino. I will be in bed by nine once more and I hope no music keeping me awake?

Comments

Popular Posts