Deltebre. Monday pm.

Home made vegetable paella. Finally went and bought the ingredients for self catering. I had to visit the Mecadona and not the Mercat Municipal, as I can't find a Caja Rural Bank ATM anywhere here, so am not being charged by the various other Spanish Banks.

The gentleman from yesterday's botifarra vendor suggested there is one near the Iglesia. But I looked and found none...Sorely needed crusty bread and a dry white wine. I think I will go and locate them both for a continuation tonight.

***

Dias visited and now have a rice pudding simmering away. Really I shouldn't have to buy anymore ingredients, and will need to leave some here when I vacant early on Thursday morning, and then head back up north towards Tarragona for one evening.

The temperature is increasing again, but no suggestion of 38 as it was saying yesterday... But 33 is still a lot hotter than I expected at this stage in June. Reminds me of Broome back in 1999 and 2001. It was a wonderful town, but hot behind the dunes... and the overnight in the Kimberley's.

A lovely rice pudding. Left it to bulk out at the end. I ate one portion slightly too al dente as I've never made it on a stove top. Usually it goes in the oven.

Spoke to mum, who appears to be mending since the knee replacement, and is now regularly out with Lola. I can tell she's happier. They're off to visit auntie Wendy tomorrow, who had the kidney operation she's been waiting two years for.

Now I am in the bar beneath the Io Passador bridge after walking for a warm thirty minutes - the breeze helps however. There is a rowing club situated inside the structure of the bridge. Time for a second Reus Vermut before I recross to the north side from the county of Montsia to Baix Ebre.

Cool there are buses from Sant Jaume to Tortosa on Thursday and there is a train station there which connects up the coast between it, Tarragona and Barcelona. Not that I mind walking, but it's a little dangerous on the narrow minor road I followed towards Deltebre a few days ago.

***

Walked back over the bridge and came along the riverside. A girl mistook the curb and came off her bike near me. It looked so clumsy I didn't think it was real. And as I offered her assistance I couldn't conceive that she had actually landed in a heap? Perhaps she'd had a few beers or was effected by the heat? She was absolutely stunning. I was left wishing I spoke Catalan and wasn't so terrified of chicas...

One beer before I find bed. Tomorrow I walk once more...

Comments

Popular Posts