Deltebre. Monday am.

It's quite odd to be sat on this balcony, with mosquitoes doing their work, and not to be rushing off anywhere!

Last night, in the muggy room, I was awakened by the incessant explosions on the Delta: and now I know what the experience of shell shock could be: unable to sleep with these explosions going off every few moments. And a primary fear of loss of life with the incoming shrapnel.

But here I am. No hangover. I put away quite a lot of wine with lunch: the fantastic bottifara and beans (which was too much for one person) and so much meat for me!

The Italian Espresso stove top is ideal to re-tune to the explosions and wonder about the universe... An episode of In Our Time on BBC sounds is The Death of Stars.

Now I must find a way of chilling out for 5ish days, until I go back to Reus for an afternoon flight on Friday, right here, alone with the comings and goings of life in a Catalan agricultural/tourist town.

Last night I tried to step back from listening to music which was playing in my head in 2001, but failed, as I replayed Gerling/Solex.

***

With tripe it's what you do with it? It goes very well with things with a lot of flavour: like chorizo, because, by itself, it's probably boring. During a time of need it was part of the calorific value in a day, but now it's pretty redundant and we give it to our dogs...

***

Getting going with usual morning concerns:  dos croissants , suc de taronja natural and una cafĂ© largo in Granja Gil as I already had the stove top Joe in the apartment. some part of me wishes to walk to Ruimar after breakfast... I can't stop. Life never stops moving. Can I stop the destiny of the universe? The destiny is to fall into nothingness... As entropy carried it away on the breeze.

Comments

Popular Posts