day the second. am.

Looking along my route for this morning I follow a main road south some distance after going over the hill by the Mediterranean and I really don't like to do that...


Stayed in Hotel Sancho ** (€45) and it was comfortable, but a bit muggy. The room was on the top floor. The Aircon was fine, but a little noisy and it came on by itself early in the wee hours.

It's definitely too far for one day to walk all the way to Deltebre then again, after it, to the Alberg on the Delta where I decide to go west along the Camino del Ebro.

Do I walk it... There is always Hitchhiking once I run out of steam?

I was meant to be having breakfast at the Hotel, but I was ready to depart at 7 so came around the corner, opposite the very modern church, to Paimes which I had noticed last night, stumbling back from one too many Volt Damm... the voices are all Catalan.

The room was €45 and breakfast was free, although he wanted to charge an extra €8. But I was a little unhappy about bed and no breakfast and hesitated. It was the first hotel, the only one I'd seen, just as my energy levels were zeroing out! It wasn't quite Fawlty Towers, but an elderly man was asleep on a seat in the reception area...

Long trousers on this morning. Yesterday at Single Fin, where I ate a huge, fat and protein rich, XXL burger (€10.50) while being charmed by a Chica - who had left too busy Madrid for a coastal calm - with sparkling green eyes, great tracts of land and a tender manner, there were some many mosquitoes I thought my body would run shortly out of blood - bloodsucking Asiatic Tiger Mosquitoes are everywhere along the Mediterranean as they have no natural predators - they make my skin feeling like it's burning!

Comments

Popular Posts