Thursday evening, 26th May.

This is the first time since I was in Ronda with Glenn for my birthday that I can recall feel utterly exhausted from lack of sleep due to alcohol and bad cuisine.

And part of me wanted to go for just one beer - hair of the dog! But I managed not to go anywhere near Bar Three or The Mews and instead had an espresso and a glass of iced water while a father and daughter practiced French.

Just been up to Auntie Wendy's, to take her a birthday card, with Lola. It took some encouragement of Lola to go up Spofforth Hill twice in as many days, but we got there and had an hour there an back, via Wharfedale Lawn opposite The New Inn.

On the road to recovery now as mum is asleep upstairs: she's tired from a busy day, hospital with Anne and shopping for herself. She's definitely on the way to self-sufficiency. September isn't too far away. Fingers crossed nothing comes along before then...

Mum thinks I am getting taller, but I have been feeling fatter recently (beer goggles). Just now, in Morrison's, on one of the isles I saw a CCTV image of myself from behind and I didn't recognise myself at first... I am as skinny as a prawn.

Lola has gone to my sisters for the evening and she'll have her again on Friday as she wants me to look after her on Saturday afternoon.

Tomatoes, onions, red pepper, garlic, basil, salt and pepper on toasted sour dough. A brushetta: goodness after yesterday's badness. The two sides of my existence. It's time to meditate once more. It's quiet around the house as mum continues to sleep...

Tomorrow is already a better day.

Comments

Popular Posts