Saturday morning... 7am

Beginning of day two. Coffee in the glorious sunshine. We're going to walk about and first we go to Farnham for breakfast. Michael must shave I will not. But later I will wash and change into boxfresh clothing for the next couple of days heading west to Winchester!

***

After Brunch and we have gone our separate ways. Lovely sausage baguette and earl grey Brack and a French press of coffee in the Tea Room in the Craft Centre Seale.

Now I am finding an alternative route back onto the North Downs Way, which is the same as the Pilgrim's Way until Farnham and then joins the Saint Swithins way into Winchester.

***

Farnham was a long tailback. Is this all The South has to offer? Bumpers... Michael appears to have withdrawn himself so I don't know if it is valuable to continue on this meander without getting serious about walking. There are many more options on the South Downs Way... Or there is Lola, allotment and mum.

So far this is not as I foresaw it. The noise on the main road and the traffic on the roads leading from everywhere to everywhere. Surrey hasn't a positive reputation and perhaps this is why. But I will not cave in. Winchester then I will do something instrumental otherwise mental health will be negatively charged not positively. On Thursday morning I was as happy as a pig in shit but now, after 50kms, I am drowning in merde.

***

My thoughts kept me awake until well after midnight last night. I felt like yesterday was a non-day really. Hanging about when no goal had been reached and feeling ill at ease with the noises of the barn, road and planes coming and going. Those thoughts were nowhere to be seen on Thursday. It's over though. This is a spiritual head body and soul walk for me.

***

There is a café on the main road, just up School Road, I swear no one mentioned it before, but last night the warden did in relation to the view from up there. So we will have a large breakfast there. Catching a bus back to Farnham seems to be wrong, but it might be possible to hitch to there from the main road, around eight, if the café is open and we are ready (full) for the morning ahead?

Comments

Popular Posts