Day Three which is actually Day One?

Gorgeous breakfast at Gorge on the corner before we head up to the Castle and join the Saint Swithins Way. Bubble and squeak, beans, sausage, bacon, toast, coffee and Zumo de Naranja(£9.90). I am happier!

The café on the main road wasn't open and the number 65 was late, (so we caught it)! We were very lucky! I didn't want to hitch without a full belly and to put Michael ill at ease. Now time to be ready to climb out of this road focused Way: the North Downs Way is very near to that perpetual thunder, droning on and on, on the A31.

***

It's a rather nice morning on the Way, but I am ready for cake and a pot of liquid gold!
 
Teacake from the Post Office and a larger pork pie to eat before we reach Alton. We're neither so tired nor so crabby today.

In fact the entire morning has been a pythonesque/Fawlty Towers accompanyment of me talking to the horses, us searching for eels in hovercrafts and female riders, in their jodhpurs, which twist and turn (riding high) slippery when wet!

It is another energy which doesn't come from the sun or from food, but puts you upright and ready very like privates on parade ground in the military helmet.

Now that the lights are out, and as I feel for the toilet paper, I must collect my self and seek more energy from those temptations: the waggle of an arse perched on a saddle.

***

The last bit was a bit terrible. Finally I think Michael broke, but I wouldn't let him sit on a park bench. I lied, a little, when I said it was just around the next corner for several corners!

He's in the room @ The Crown(2 single beds £70 without breakfast) with a large enough space separating one snorer from one breather...last night Mike was breathing loud. The accompanyment of dripping tap somewhere in the barn, the main road, the damp and the airplanes; colliding in my head with Mike's breathing.  Twenty five kilometres covered before I fell into the edge of the Ten Tun Tap House and wilted into From the Farm biltong and before climbing into the Dictionary Corner (pale ale).

Comments

Popular Posts