May Day, May Day, panic.

The beginning of May and a new emphasis for me as I see London approach. From Wednesday I will leave the north for a while to live through a different experience. First stop JC and Euston Road YHA to say hello to that hard working man. Then to Liverpool Street station to collect Mike before over London Bridge we head to Southwark Cathedral. 

It's raining, a light rain was falling as I returned for a good night's rest. And I got it. Finally no canine company shifting me to the edge of the bed. Really I should have put Ruby into her crate on Wednesday night, as she's quite happy there to sleep, but I didn't and it was four nights of dog broken sleep followed by a night on the floor after too many beers at the Brewery.

Jason and I were going to go out for a long walk this morning, but I couldn't get to Wetherby to set off at 7am... There are no buses until eight, as usual, on a Sunday. Actually I prefer a quiet day - it's Sunday. I will walk Lola then make something nutritious for lunch, mediate and read. Perhaps I will see Nick if he's not gone to the Everton game?

Porridge to start the day healthier, and now I've 10 minutes to wait at the Cross Stamford Street stop, I went for a Gyros at the establishment next to Social. Last meat for a while...

***

Free food at Bar Three. Went into to town for mum - Morrison's - and to read a while somewhere. Was hovering around BAE, but saw someone on the door of the old Three Legs so I went in to see if their beer selection had improved but it hadn't: slight improvement on the keg lineup, but Doombar or Black Sheep just don't do it. I was offered free food from a lucky dip. At first I said no as I'd just had a plate of baked beans around 11. But never look a gift horse in the mouth (and two halves is not going to waste me). Back to my mum's with her groceries and a couple of packets of Beetroot... Also I've bought a pair of ECCO sandals for the trip to London: at £90 it's ouch but that price for ankle ones seems a standard price. Time to relax before doing another tray of corn...

Comments

Popular Posts