Towards Chartres. Day Four.

Yermenonville: perfect to stop around a quarter past nine for an elevensies- scrambled eggs, butter and bread, and another coffee (€5.50) before the next 3rd of the way today. At around 30 kilometres at around 20 I will stop for repase near L'Eure. Then it's down the valley towards Chartres, again. Last time was around 8 years ago when I had more hair and more weight, but less sanity. I've connected with the same fellow in Mainvilliers from then. Perhaps I stop in Chartres this evening and further discuss the beer festivals around Chartres and Sours?

Every dog paw print reminds me of her.

Oh well, looks like my plan of stopping around 20 Kms was premature as there was zero revitallement in the village next to L'Eure. So I continue another 7 kilometres? At least I ate well last night, at breakfast and had the egg, bread and butter in Yermenonville. Now I walk gingerly by the side of the railway tracks to see if anything is up ahead?

Last turn and there is a Troll on the crossing of the bridge below Chartres Cathedral... Let him pass while I get robbed at Le Serpente instead. 30 kilometres to the stage set below the Cathedral, pandering to it's whims.

Comments

Popular Posts