Leeds Airport

Waiting calmly in a hidden corner of the quieter area at Leeds Bradford: there used to be a pray room here but they got rid of it to provide more space for a bar... A chance to charge this phone up. Lemon and hot water to drink. Flapjack and nuts for the brief flight to Beauvais and the 50 mile coach journey to Porte Maillot. So far no alcohol. I am in the other mode of existence... Where I Wii be seated on 21B, between folks, wishing the trip was over. A short hop. Much better than 3+ hours of Ryanair ranting and raving. My usual complaints around this time... But it doesn't matter. We're all on a journey somewhere, we're all experiencing life a little different from each other? There are a dozen Imams departing too so for them the experience might be different/difficult.

The last time that there was a pray room here in Leeds Ruby Wax joined me for a moment's meditation: she's the infuriating individual who definitely sped me on my way to hopelessness... She always struck me as shallow and unreal - perhaps she saw herself one day and collapsed?

Comments

Popular Posts