The morning after the afternoon before...

This morning I have to build up to the good stuff again. After too many beers yesterday afternoon I didn't sleep so well: it's the first time since I left the UK I've turned to alcohol...  Perhaps it was always going to happen on a day like yesterday, and with a goal: Tours, very near and the clouds above pounding on my sorry head?

This morning is forecast rain once more and I'd seen that yesterday too so was wondering about what I'd do Friday, after arriving drenched, in Amboise? But the wind seems to have abaited and I can hear the pleasant song of the morning chorus...

Just one more day on the road. The goal is before me, but first sort out what I am wearing and perhaps leave a little later this morning? I didn't really look around Amboise as I was just staring into an emptying glass most of the time?

Stepping out at 7:30 and heading for petit déjeuner on the corner after the Tour l' Horloge, the rain isn't as bewildering as it was yesterday...it's got all the time in the world to get there!

Comments

Popular Posts