The final leg of the final day, this time...

As I walk along La Loire for the final few kilometres it seems the weather is changing: it's still raining, and windy, but the sun is putting in an appearance between clouds. Just as I reach the end of this 'pilgrimage': a pause for another time as tomorrow I am hopping into another BlaBla car to Limoges, then au revoir France and hello Yorkshire (with all its personal hazards).



Ten days in some pretty awful weather, and carrying too much stuff, but I must've covered around 300 kilometres between Paris and Tours? Today is another 30 clicks day. At noon I had an Artisanale hamburger in Montlouis-sur-Loire which was enough and got me out of the torrential downpour I had had since 8 leaving Amboise...

On my right a mini golf course, after coming down from the top of the escapement where Vouvray AOC grows, it's another couple of bridges before Pont Wilson: which I crossed before on foot - although I am not sure I walked the section I am on in 2014? Last time I think I caught a bus just prior to Vouvray and got off on the right bank: the weather may have been bad back then too being only March - when I was eager to be on the Chemin after 2013 initial discovery and Compostelle.

There is a footbridge, which I knew not, and this is the means of crossing La Loire on the Chemin Saint Jacques... Not Pont Wilson!

Comments

Popular Posts