the last few days...

So far so busy. It's 17:30 and I don't believe I've stopped since I left mum's, with Lola, at 9am. But now I've got to go back to mum's and make the camp bed up: I decided going to Leeds was a push too much as I would've been incapable of anything in the morning; and a few tomato seedlings... Won't dry out in a day? They're Mexican after all.

And I am watching, haphazardly, the Sky News feed. It is the last place I would turn for news: we're in Europe but The Ukraine is a million miles away socially and culturally. They keep showing 'tank' rolling by: it's very simple, and if they can film destruction from a drone all they show is destruction.

***

Almost feel into the ditch of drunkenness, but ate a hearty dinner - Morrisons' Chicken Madras, rice, onion bharge, naan - and watched the end of one episode and most of another episode of Around the World in 80 Days. Mother wanted a take out, but they only take cash at the Chinese she sends me to.

Lola is sleeping by my side, on the sofa, and decided not to go out in the pouring rain for a toilet visit. Perhaps we won't be going on an adventure after all...

So disappointing. Alternating days of sunshine and rain, but the birds are noisy so Spring is very close.

***

Two solid, if wet, hours along the railway to the turn for Lime Kiln Lane or Stockeld Grange Farm. One muddy pupster. She was so giddy by the end of the walk, messing with a stick on a saturated Millennium Field.

Now I'm heading to collect the tomato seedlings from the flat - a quick turnaround. Some additional clothing too.

Sister Marie Raphael confirmed I have accommodation for the 29th March at the Ephrem Guest House up near to Sacre Coeur. I am not 100% sure what I will have to pay as I asked for the dortoir which I think is €15.

***

So it here. It's D-Day: mother is under the scalpel this morning. I hope it's not too bloody and no lives are lost in the struggle to give her back life?

Comments

Popular Posts