Ash Wednesday, afternoon.

End of day one, I'm bushed because it's been a fair few months since I had all the weather could throw at me (December) but, thankfully, now I'm safe for the night in a small room which has been provided for one passing pilgrim next to the church office. My shoulder is so sore I'm beginning to feel it was more than a tendon I damaged, however it might just be a very bad sprained ligament? It's time to stop a while, but first I must locate the dripping tap and what can I do about the pain but ride it out?

It's a religious holiday being Ash Wednesday so I'm reduced to trying to find any place open for a post walk restorative beer and the only option was Eiscafe bei Franko but the crap pop music drove me out after one really average Franziskaner Dunkel. It was a very very ordinary place and just must be the same owners as the kebap shop it's next to? I think the central Gasthaus opens at five? After a hasty, frigid, walk around the town centre I have come to a bakery for cake and bottle of Förstina Sprudel. In the eiscafe I had a serious case of déjà vu which was so sinister and persistent I drank up quickly and departed - it really felt I'd been staring out the same window once before.

Comments

Popular Posts