War wound.

Full to busting from lunch. Thank you Minaya. And the people in Hostal Restaurante Antolín for helping me in such a difficult moment. Now I'm most worried by my right shin. Both feet are a little tender, but this will pass, however my right shin is truly inflamed. It wasn't there yesterday, but this morning there was an obvious tenderness. While walking in the down pour it was the most difficult aspect, including being soaked by the time I arrived here in Minaya. Perhaps I go ask the hosts if they have any cream along the lines of Voltaren? Otherwise I am busted for tomorrow. I'm due a day off but does this mean I have to stop moving? It got unbearable but the cold, wet and the road took my entire pain threshold: only once I stopped did it become the dominant feature of eight days on this blasted way!

This hotel is both a local and a truck drivers passing point. The lady behind the bar gave me Voltaren 100mg tablets. But they're not localised. The local pisshead tells me I must get the cream from the farmacia: yup I know this, but he seems kind. The locals don't want me to converse with him. It's a shame he's almost asleep in his beer. I've definitely been there before so I've humoured him until he's gone back into his crib. Another older drunk joins him at the bar and I hardly feel lonesome anymore. My bed is comfortable, the room is warm(without a functioning hot water tap) and I'm no longer flagellating myself on the Camino de Santiago, del Sureste.

Comments

Popular Posts