Truly immense.

Saved by the vines. It was the longest day! 35 Kms into a gale. It's the hardest day I've know. Gladly it didn't rain. Some ominous clouds along the horizon, but they, somehow, stayed there! Today was exceptionally tough. Now I am enjoying local Jumilla wine, but the locals seem unimpressed by the wonderful thing they have all around them Monastrell grape is divine to eat and the wine is definitely helping me off to a warm bed!

It's only old men holding up the bar I stumbled into and the first one I struck, before I was taken to my bed for Sunday, the girl behind the bar is their granddaughter and she's totally in control. The tapas is good and the vino is exceptional. I'm heading to the Restaurante near where I'm sleeping and if it's not open I keep warm until another day beckons!

***

101 years since the end of the "war to end all wars" and wars are still happening as the result of western imperial arrogance, Russia ignorance and, usually, male lower- middle class needs to increase their penis size and the upper class to clear out the dross in their estates. I've reflected on WW1 lots. I've caught the ague in the Somme more than once and listened with a sadness to the last post in Ypres. All the way through France I've seen the legion of memorials to "le Mort du Enfants" and the British Empires similar representation, I've occasionally seen a similar thing in Austia, Germany, Croatia and, strangely, Portugal, but the war goes on. Give peace an option. We're all human with simple universal needs and can we please remember this before we push our arrogance towards another "enemy" and another wealth creating objective in Iran.

***

This crazy day is over. I am well fed and I've even spent time proofing my boots incase the weather turns? 

Comments

Popular Posts