Pértola

Another boring day. Perhaps without the wind directly in my face I'd not be pushing myself to arrive so hurriedly to the end of the walking day! There was a small highlight when I crossed through a small regional park with dwarf oak trees, leaning together against the frigid winds, where I stopped for lunch huddled against their shelter from the gale which gave me a chill yesterday when I stopped for food! 

Once passed this promentary I had the longest straightest boring-ist section of 7 kilometres I've every had - actually Landes was far more boring, except for the tree cover! Now I'm in Pétrola and I can't be bothered to move - some fine olives and a beer, but I feel weary suddenly!

***
In every Albergue a different challenge. This one I can't recall how to light a calor gas fire. I'm holding down buttons and I'd made sure the canister is full. But I'm lost. It used to be the time the button was held down ... But really it's so long since I sat next to the one my father had in the shed. Never mind this loss of control: the local cooperative wine is sufficiently dark to keep me warm until dinner time, around eight. It really is time I turned off for a couple of hours!!!

***

In the blink of an eye it's 11 and I probably didn't need to eat anything else today ... Back into the sleeping bag, but I do hope the church bell doesn't ring every 15 minutes ... It's too close for my sanity - oh the bells! 

Comments

Popular Posts