Forty-one.

That meat feast conjured up a mixed up night's dreaming. I'm going to have to refuse any meat regardless today. I could open a butchers in my arse. Fruit, beans and lentils it must be today. The family here speaks zero English and can't understand much of my French. Most couples I've stayed with fairly get what I am saying, even when I had to resort to sign language to get a coat hanger the night before last. Tonight's etape (stage stop) is sorted out already and I think she can speak a little English. Mainly I hope the family are a little more vigorous and do hearty food which won't bust my arteries!

This part of France used to be the heart of a mining area but now all the mines are gone and the metals come from the East. Same story as northern England and Walloonia. Banks care not for people. They are simply filled with greed. They want more and more of everything, but simply do not realise there is nothing that can be bought that will appease the Ego and it's demands. Bourg-Argental. Argental I guess relates to silver mining as argentum was the Roman name for it?

Another family expecting me to pay for libre Accueil Jacquaire. It's very confusing. Perhaps the yellow book should always carry a price. I'd no money to give so I left feeling miserable. It's always about a denarius. Only walking is free.

Comments

Popular Posts