Ten.

There is a wonderfully warm sun shining in through the large patio doors heating my body, which feels a little bone weary. A little earlier I took a walk to the Eglise in Beaumont, but that wind really takes the edge off any real power from the sun. The lady at Home Saint Pierre told me it takes 5 degrees off the temperature easily. It feels like it is brushing the glaciers and snowcapped peaks and blowing it down the Rhône valley. Even with several layers it's no fun standing still. Much better when walking with it behind or to the side, but I don't need to stand around really. The village has nothing else to look at. The view is amazing with mountains to the north and west, but I'm better sat in a comfortable chair with a woollen, warm, deep piled carpet beneath my feet?

Sometimes I think French people are very lucky with their country. Rurally it's absolutely top banana. It's staggering. Like many countries it has real difficulties, but it's heart is held high and safely within this unrelentingly beautiful landscape.

Comments

Popular Posts