w/c 1st July.

Perfume on the air 
But cold. July.
Chilly. Gloves on.
Costa, not Caffé Nero
Cheaper
Less expensive.

A strange night's sleep. Dreams. My father was alive once more in on of them. He comes back for forgiveness or to haunt me some more?

Tuesday begins grey. It rained most of the afternoon and early evening. I turned in around 7pm.

After the mishap with NikWax, which has left a sticky residue inside the washing machine, I again tried to clean it off... Slowly the drum looks shiny once more...

I collected some produce from my allotment yesterday, and caught the bus from up on Deerstone Ridge around 12:30om. Raspberries, strawberries, gooseberries, broad beans and peas. I made a pasta sauce with all the broad beans, peas and a handful of the gooseberries, which gave the sauce a sweet and sour edge.

Running a bath. Am not needed in Wetherby this morning, mum's taking Lola up to see Auntie Wendy, but I need to do some weeding on the allotment so will catch the X98 regardless of the school children and get off on Ainsty Road? 7:30am bus from Boar Lane.

All day at the allotment. In the X98. Back to Leeds from Deerstone Ridge. One pint in Brunswick, but it's not worth it. A fiver. Made an omelette.
***

Over to Wetherby to walk Lola. Bus back to Boar Lane around 2pm.

***

A bit of a gap. Above was Thursday and now it's Saturday. Long day yesterday with Lola and Ruby, then Jason, and then Ruby. Saturday and first full day with only Ruby. She's had her breakfast, after our morning wriggle on her sofa, and she's gone to her second favourite resting place - the front bedroom. It's 6:15am. I was quite tired so slept well until 5am. It's grey this morning and rain is forecast.

12:40pm and Ruby and I are on the Old Railway. Day one. Well day two, but day one with Ruby alone.
***

3pm on Sunday. It's a rainy afternoon. Ruby is asleep in the front bedroom. I've had lunch and rested.

4:45pm and Ruby and I are back. Sunday is in its box as the rain keeps coming and going.
***

Bored of the Journal.

Comments

Popular Posts