Saint Sever

Why do mosquitoes bite on bone? Are they getting a fix of marrowbone too? White and red blood cells. Delicate eaters - apparently they eat nectar the rest of the time which makes them sound like Roman Emperors, decadent fucks. Short day today at just under 20 kilometres. Cloudy all the way. Not too warm. Think I've finally passed out of the Forested region. This is Cap de Gascogne. Saint Sever. Been out for fruit and veg. Will return later for Fromage and lentiles. Had fine food last night. Very nice sausages. Exactly like at home. Lots of fat came out of them, the Dutch ladies sopped it up with potatoes. Fat is useful on The Way. In the square with a Paulaner: sorry state of French beer.

Was not allowed to serve myself in the fruitiers. OK. It's a service. Part of the cost. Blank faced lady. Has seen us all a million times before.  French beer is continuing bad: Guinness Special Export ... Warming my body. Time to get cooking I feel.

Three Dutch ladies. Now one from Eindhoven. She's a vegetarian: but is also having difficulties finding veggie options. But I've plenty of veg so we'll be OK without meat. No local cheese. Pyrenees cheese closest. Go and consider over Queue de Charrue Ploegsteert. Gosh it's a triple she gives me with a sullen face. And forces me to pay on delivery. I guess I am not to be trusted. 9%. I'm running out of want today. But it may be possible to have Sunday off and still reach Saint Jean pied-de-port by Tuesday. What's the rush to Biarritz? My flight is late Wednesday anyway. Still no decent French beer in sight. Breton cider tonight. But I don't think one bottle will stretch as far as red wine. They can contribute something?

Oh she couldn't get into her car. Berating a gentleman too drunk to move his car. Life in a French rural town. It's a soap opera. Gosh I need a beard trim. And some new knees. After a long intense walk I am even more fixated on femme. It's truly fatal and absolutely without point. Where there is a will there should be a willy? She has boobs, but I don't think they are hers?

I've observed a whole generation missing from French towns, apart from those who work on the roads - which is men - and those who style hair - those are women. I get sex starved ... No one of my age to talk to. Especially on the Camino. Everyone's afraid of their death on the Camino. Except Freya, 31, who is definitely carrying a cross. She worked in a Hospice in Nijmegen. She was cute, especially in a dress. I didn't recognize her out of walking attire and I need bromide tea.

Comments

Popular Posts