Journal Entry 05. 17/02/2024

Woke up at 5:30am
Coffee by 6am
Podcast - Hormones
Put dried washing away
Bath
Porridge
Down to Albion Street/Boar Lane Caffé Nero
Bus at 8.
Lola at 9.
Bus back from Boston Spa at 11
Walk through town
And back just after 12.
Lunch and lay down.
Left Lola around 2
Reading a new book - Watling Street
Homage to Catalonia can wait.
Come to Bar3 for a long half Adnam's Ghost Ship.

***

Then Kenny arrived just as I was leaving. I'd spent two chapters on one half and was slowly leaving for another chapter in The Mews, but Kenny literally came through the door as I was leaving... Until his 'lot' arrived and he went to join them (and I was a little forgotten), he wanted to discuss the Camino as he is interested in it...

Went to The Mews after two pints of Guinness (half of one I couldn't stomach as I not really a fan of the Black Velvet) and had another pint and half of Theakston's XB, a beer I really like, left and got a lightly battered special from The Frying Pan. Returned to my mum watching the 6 o'clock news. So I'd seen her three times and each time the TV was there once more. But I held my tongue as well as I am able...

5:45am and time for coffee as the birds whistle, but the rain falleth from the skies once more on a saturated England.

Whist being as quiet as possible I've had breakfast - toast and HM marmalade and cleaned the dishes and surrounding area. Packed my stuff back in the sac á dos and readying for a trip up to the allotment. It's also a Saturday and Leeds should be avoided as though the plague is in town(but LUFC are, thankfully, playing away, far away down in Plymouth). Put trousers on as it turned a little chilly yesterday afternoon and it's only mid February and I didn't pack the calf length socks as they were still a little damp.

***

Although I spent the vast majority of the day with Lola as we walked to Boston Spa, I still went out didn't I? It's that feeling that something might be missed or the need of human companionship which beats me. Even though Lola is the perfect girl to spend a quiet afternoon on the sofa with too...

Comments

Popular Posts