Journal Entry 02. 13/02/2024

Slight hangover this morning. Having first coffee at just after 7:30 as the world wakes up in Sevilla. Waited for a call yesterday from the Podiatry Service in Leeds around 3pm(2pm local time) but I have no missed calls so sent an email. The night guy last night is Brasilian ... They're everywhere. I've probably just sold him on a trip to Manchester as it's far cheaper than London, but he would like to see the Natural History Museum... That makes sense. I visited it with my big, but sadly deceased, sister Julia when I was either 10 or 11. I recall having a migraine on the final day - I think I was over stimulated. I owe for a beer and need to rent a towel to get clean as will be sensible this day. Need to be catching the bus at 4:30am tomorrow ...

Sight seeing. Walking through the gorgeous Geography and History section of the University of Sevilla Facultad Geografía e Historia which was a tobacco factory? Royal in fact!

So back to the hostel for a cleanse... I almost went to the ancient bath house... But I thought better of it. I meandered back to the Puerta de Jerez, near where I get the bus at 4:30am on Wednesday morning. Time to relax the day away? Yup. Sevilla is another time. Via de la Plata time...And there it was. The Way I was looking for all day. Just by the crossing to the Isobel II bridge. Another time. Back to Peña Bética Triana. One Tapa Espinacas and one vino Blanco Jerez. Hair of the dog. I really don't like Cruzcampo ... Not for me Euro Lager! But yesterday it didn't matter. I was in a new city after a long walk. It doesn't matter. I know where the bus stop is for 4:30am. Off back to get into relax mode. Eaten healthy today one Danone strawberry yogurt gut drink, a poke bowl with kombucha, one bonito/piemento tapa in the best bar I spotted this morning (one Cruzcampo - OK) and then these lovely garbanzos stewed long with spinach. A remedy...

Had more in the way of conversation with mother. And will see lovely Lola shortly. Been extra lovely to all the dogs I've walked passed. The puppy Jack Russell who loved to say hi, those two lovely similar to Jack Russell at Agua (in amongst the maze of streets behind the Episcopal palace and near the mighty Moreton Bay fig trees) and then a Weimaraner. Another black Labrador and an older looking Vizsla/crossed lass. Always give them our love they are so special. We are connected. We go deep?

Final meandering to the tree lined boulevard I stopped yesterday for a craft beer from Cordoba, San Jacinto continuing beyond it's pedestrian street to where car tyres polish the cobbled street, tres mujeres, solo hombre and solo pupsters sit wrapped up against the cold as I sit in shorts and t-shirt (both very soiled) and I read another couple of chapters of Cuzco in The Motorcycle Diaries Che has a fair amount to spiel on the decline of the Inca and the brutality of the conquistadors... One more of each of Seville's specialities: melva and garbanzos espinaca.

Nearing the end. Sat on a bench opposite a Ayuntamiento de Sevilla - Tenencia de Alcaldia Triana Los Remedies watching humanity pass by as Che races on towards Lima. It's Shrove Tuesday ... Mardi Gras ...día de la tortilla. Lent begins on the morrow. One glass of Ribera del Douro on the corner of San Jacinto and Rodrigo de Triana and another chapter on the way to Lima.

Called in on the bakery which I only found now I have my bearing from the relationship of the hostel to the main street from the bridge for a couple of items for the journey tomorrow and they do Arroz con Leche so that's my supper sorted too. Now heading to bed after ablutions and teeth cleaned. Sevilla is interesting. Vast... And a hell of a lot of tourists - I guess I was one of them today? Yesterday I was a drunk too many vinos! The church bells cease at 7:30. Mass...

Was it worth it? It always is. Just those glimpses along The Way of peace and calm and serendipity. Thanks to all the people I have seen from Tavira until now in Sevilla. 

Comments

Popular Posts