Alcoutim.

Second pit stop at Pastelaria A Prova for more mineral water and a very delicious cheesecake. A takeaway cheese and ham sandwich - which was lovely! And I ate it leaving the village and heading off on the Caminho Nascente and leaving the GR15 as the option up ahead may be fully booked, or closed or on vacation... Casa de Paz

Anne on a meeting. The casa is only available during July and August which is simply no fun in February. Nice dog. Busy lady. Carry on. 

Fate. If I hadn't walked off piste, across a wheat field and alongside the river, missing both the yellow arrows and the GR signs, as they disappeared somewhere, the bus which came around the corner, just as I arrived at Foz de Odeleite, wouldn't have had me on it. And it's only 2€. Trust the Camino to open up?

HI Hostel at the end of town Pousada Juventude de Alcoutim 17€ with a French cyclist. He says the weather will be different tomorrow. Yes I saw rain in the forecast too. Had a long cleansing shower. Changed into some warmer items of clothing. Probably should go and enjoy the view across the Guardiana to Espanha.

Lots of English voices outside the Miragem Bar. A cluster to the right who are locals and to the left too? That cleanse was good. The hostel is clean and easy. I stayed in some along the coast after Estoril and prior to Figueira do Foz.

There is a zip wire between the two nations. Alcoutim is the capital of the region and SanlĂșcar de Guardiana is the arse end of Huelva region says Samuel who has bought his home and boat here and left Swanage forever!

There are three dogs having a little war in the narrow passage and each one is too old to go around grumbling, but each one had his nads and Fenton is the top dog. Liam the GSP is being told to piss off. Black, an old but friendly Labrador, is not sure about Liam either! It's because he's German the owners say ... Yup only Englanders could still dislike Germans in Portugal.

Down to the 'beach' for yet more cheese and ham. Third meal today which has this as it's main contents. It's a means to an end. After this it's bed and, hopefully, a solid kip? Simple pizza. There is a German couple also walking the Camino who I didn't want to sit near me as I was literally devouring a pizza with no intention of breaking away for a conversation and now I am horizontal once more... I apologised as I left Praia de Pego Fundo and expected to see Black once more as he trundled out of town with me down to the beach, but he'd probably gone 'Casa' as the owner of the bar told him to return like a drunk who needs a gentle persuasion?

Back to the village from the hostel for coffee and a pastry. More cheese and ham. There is a breakfast at the hostel, complementary, but, even though I slept soundly until 6:20 I can't wait around until 8:30 I'll already be on route to MĂ©rtola...

Comments

Popular Posts