Castro Verde

Things which happen on the way... Sour faces in O Rosário Café. Such mean visage and I couldn't walk on!

***
I struggled a lot this morning. For some reason I am feeling broken ... weary five days in on the Way... But this evening! I am in a bungalow on the campsite at the edge of town. I followed my fortune (€30 Parque de Campismo). Sorry I hitched half way, but there was no place to eat at all in Rosário. And the old war wound(left foot) is playing up - because it was straight ahead along farm tracks with no variation. Nothing feels quite right even though I slept pretty well. Now I seek a beer in the sun and another early evening? Guilt! 18 kilometres from breakfast until all was done, but now its nectar! It is Vinho, but I am tired. It's a shame I had to complain about two glasses of wine before I realised then it was the glassware (going back in time to the wine geek me) I am wino and am I walking tomorrow? So two fantastic pies and I think the fourth wine is also suffering from the same taint on the glassware so it is time for bed... But it is not 6pm!

I didn't mean it but I was rubbing everyone up to the wrong way after that fantastic lunch (which was perfect at Casa do Alentejo - 30€ for bread, olives, cheese, salad, chips, leg of lamb and good wine) And now I am enjoying a another Vinho Alentejo and pastel from Castro Verde... But I didn't like the bad taste in the fifth glass. I couldn't drink it ... Just as well really.

Slightly hungover this morning. Day six is a rest day... Castello Agua Mineral and a Delta café in the Kiosk at the top of town. As my head rights itself I have to decide on the day ahead... Walking would be a mistake. But staying still might be as well? In the bungalow next to me was a lady and her two dogs: but I saw no sign of her or them as I turned in ... I was hoping to get to know them more. I am missing our lass greatly now (I always miss her presence).The building I saw yesterday from a distance is a folly built by a rich person back in the day, but now it is derelict. A local said there is a plaque telling us the who, why, how etc.

Santiago do Cacém is nearby... 64 kilometres! I better keep walking?

Comments

Popular Posts