Tui

Full blown cold! Makes me even more weary. 7:30am for breakfast, but I am not coping well this morning. It's also tanking it down. Walking? Good question... Second coffee across the street and it's not working. I feel dry as a bone too.

Hasty breakfast and catching the train to Valença... The weather abysmal. Torrential and wind. With a cold I'd be making things much worse?

***

Soaked by the time I reached Ideas Albergue in Tui. Showered and went next door for a hasty lunch. Unlikely to leave the warm and dry. The Páramo Halcon coat is wet out! Nothing stays dry on a day like today unless it's a poncho, but I don't like how they make me sweat beneath! This albergue has a tumble dryer so I should chuck the coat in the bring it back to repellent? Later later: siesta?

Well almost! In stumbles a Russian who lives in NYC. Just as I was getting a little warmer too. Hastily made a brew from a solitary Chamomile bag. I think I will go find a cash machine and read a book?

This Caminho is fizzling out. At Tui I've not enough time to reach Pontevedra and get back to Porto on Saturday to fly back to the UK on Sunday early morning. And I've not enough time to walk back to Porto for the same reason: but I now know I can catch a train to Figueira do Foz to continue that route in the future back to Porto and Valença the inland route. But that's in the future. One more day? Backwards or forwards. That's tomorrow's revelation! 

Comments

Popular Posts