Sarria on Sunday!

A goal was reached yesterday. The third since I left Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port that morning. Walking the main route from Saint Jean, walking all the way to Burgos and entering Galicia on foot. Another 'goal', actually a source of fear, Sarria where the few become the many.

Yesterday I received my first 'compostele' token.And the hunt is on. Walking through a canyon, after a large lunch, the dogs are scenting the quarry and I just hope it's not me or another bit of pilger meat? I think I am on the wrong side of the torrent of hounds running through the chasms.

***

I decided to carry on when I might've stopped. For some reason I want to be in blasted blinking bleeding Sarria on Sunday... Another seven days since León on another Monday. Sunday is a day of rest so it's pretty quiet out. It has been since I stepped off the plate around 7:30am. But there was no rest for me

***

A good menu del día in Triacastela, and I almost stayed in the connected albergue, but it was too short. Then I left town taking no route at all and it was the one into cerrado. Samos esta cerrado! Even a monastery. So after 7 full days of mucho kilometers I hitched into Sarria: 32 Kms before rubber on tarmac.

Oh Sarria. What's all the fuss? I guess people start or pass through. Galicia has it's shittowns too. I just saw a blind dog walking, with his companion, and instantly I think of Lola... It's OK. 

***

So weary this morning. Turned in early. There was nothing happening in the town so hitting bed was sensible. It was a long day, which was meant to be a lesser day? I didn't sleep that well with too many intense dreams to ponder. Day eight. Monday. A week ago I left León on this stupidity and I've got sullen faces locals! Yes this is northern European! 

Comments

Popular Posts