Palas de Rei

Tired this afternoon. Drifted away from the way into anxious waters ... Wondering how far to go, looking at the phone for answers, scratching the same scab I've had since July 2022. Please leave it alone hands. I am almost unconscious of the action; almost.

Eucalyptus plantations remind me of the morning coming into Santiago back in 2013: quick growing, but easy burning, a paper crop. And also passing the colossal Aviator paper manufacturer near Figueira do Foz December 2021.

At the road side eatery, where the host gave me the food gratis, he asked me to reach Santiago for him and his family as he couldn't make the journey: that was at the back of another wet wet day. This one got this way after lunch.

O Canto das Rosas, N109.This man. Such kindness. In three days I will reach Santiago for him, at least ... If not for myself? 16th December 2020: I must return to Figueira do Foz to continue towards Porto, that way to Santiago? It's in the possible futures.

A shower and a private room(€45) to get a solid night's kip. None of that local wine exuberance in Portomarín. The albergue has a kitchen if I cook the beans, chorizo and garlic? It would be better for my back if I got rid of the groceries? I probably could have found a cheaper private but I was beyond operating properly. Quick caña of Superbock and another two of Estella Galicia. But generally moving back to room 5. If I don't cook food... I should stop carrying it? Give it away.

Oh there are some old faces. Finnish guy, Aussie Sheila and Italian vegetarian. And two French dudes I've seen a few times. Gave them a garlic clove each. And feel ready to retreat to a room of one's own! Let's eat this yogurt...

Comments

Popular Posts