Back with Lovely Lola.

After a lovely walk with Lola passing the allotment, up to Ash Dale Lane in Kirk Deighton, west to the Copse and along the side of the railway line before crossing the King Barrow bridge, we sat together in the sunshine on Millennium Field by the wooden poles, which appeared in the summer like some Leeds City Council henge; I have decided to stay by her side.
Just to be with her; quiet and calm! On Wednesday I made the mistake of 'feeling', thoughtlessly, I needed to be in town, which is a place I always feel uncomfortable and never calmed. So I won't go anywhere now... Tomorrow morning back to the allotment to start the process of digging for spring. Andy's already completed the task. But he's not just walked 800kms... Lola's eaten her dinner and Emma is collecting her later - so I can definitely go to the allotment on Sunday morning? Weather permitting...

As an opportunity to go to Porto on Friday afternoon has arisen I am heading back to walk the Caminho Português for as long as I am capable: school holidays begin on the 22nd of December in Leeds Education Authority region.
I feel less guilty leaving her with mother because Lola has distinctly moved into her Senior doggy years😢 (and technically she's not my dog...) so she doesn't need the two or three hour adventures of her adulthood too regularly😇, but next week I will have one proper day with her... we've not been to Thorpe Arch village for some time... She likes going there (plenty of places to roll in fox crap)! Coming onto the Ebor Way, via Crow Croft Bank and Watersole Lane at the junction with Heuthwaite Lane, then going right to Flint Mill Grange, Flint Mill Lane and coming into Thorp Arch village along Wood Lane. And we can catch the number 7 back if that's all she wants to do? Pray it's another blue skies November morning?

Until Lola decided Emma was overdue (and went and waited on the window sill) she happily laid by my side as I read a few chapters of a pretty simple, but interesting, text called A Little History of Religion, by Richard Holloway.

Comments

Popular Posts