to Arés

It's true: I've been walking 10 years, almost constantly, with Lola and long distances between them. Yesterday I felt that's enough of this blasted nothingness, but a good night's sleep has resurrected me and I continue on to Burgos.

Day ten and life stories poured out as John, the Kiwi, gave me his and his wife's (who is literally a Dame and four times Open squash champion: Susan Devoy). Then I poured out all my pain of the previous 20+ years, since JWBS demise, which brought me to the brick wall which is Camino ... And then it brought forth a sob or two.



End of day ten, at the second calling, San Juan was a terrible nothing and the albergue was a parroquial which charges (because it hadn't been a part of the church for ten years and is privado) so I couldn't pay! The awesome chica(Annette) from Austin Texas said she'd pay: which was lovely, but I couldn't stay after I saw a pizza disappear from the first bar for 100 metres before being delivered to the one attached to the albergue... And it wasn't a fresh pizza just a frozen ... I packed up and walked the next 3.5kms. 

In Arés we're the Dame, John, two Canadians, the twenty somethings(4) and the one between all the ages: Me!!! We played cards before supper.

It's raining. Time for bed?

Comments

Popular Posts