Burgos for an additional night.

The anticlimax of the day after. However I really never saw the Way I search for on this Camino. Too oriented towards reaching the destination, in the heat of the afternoon, and it was up to me not to be the same, but I think I failed. Saying goodbye to those I've walked a long way with. Some took selfies. And some gave hugs.

After a bad stomach ache during the night and a constant coughing from someone in the dormitory I feel pretty shady - and the light in the shower cubicle also regularly coming on helped not at all!

It's probably not true that I never felt at ease. I did at the beginning in the greenery of the Pyrenees and below. Then I got into the pattern of the other folks on the way to Santiago.

I am so fond of the ways through France, where I rarely meet another soul. But I just had to revisit the Camino Frances.

Now I am indecisive about whether I stay here in Burgos,  and be a tourist, or go to Santander to do the same! It's probably advisable to have a quiet day today here and check back in to the albergue €10...

I had to throw up in the baƱos as something from yesterday wasn't getting out of my belly. It's gone now.

Got to the Bus Station then realised I couldn't cope with a sleep deprived drive to Santander. Luckily I passed the hotel I saw had space for this evening on Booking.com and they had one room available now! Superb. Bath soak then sleep! Hotel Norte y Londres €50.

Oh the luxury of a bath and double bed and not another soul fidgeting all night long. The Camino Frances is not dissimilar to Backpacking or inter-railing around Europe, in late teens or early twenties, it did not turn on the switches as the bath just did!

Give me an unbroken night's sleep and I will consider whether I head onwards or catch the bus to Santander...

Comments

Popular Posts