the return.

The final leg. The bus between Serqueux and Amiens, passing Forges-les-Eaux, and memories of June heading west towards Dieppe, Rouen, Arras and Amiens(twice). Domaine des Traverses and Feuquieres in Picardie, Quiberville and Fontaine Saint-Sulplice in Caux Normandy.

Where next? To stay in Amiens, Compiegne or Beauvais. It's been a long morning with this being the forth leg of getting from Bayeux. The last of four. The longest. A bus through the same area I sweated in, during June's heatwave ...

How different this July from 2022? Damp and not warmer than 20. Drizzle yesterday and this morning too. Now I wait to catch ligne 601 back to Beauvais. The next time I reach will be when? I guess some distance off? But I must, repeat must, come on a Chemin. A proper one! For the good of my sanity. Twice this time I drank. Last night with the guys running La Gargouille and back in Rouen. This morning I didn't think to concern myself with getting back to airport mid morning, but it seems that the buses are less frequent - so I catch the one at 8:04am from the Gare RoutiƩre below the Gare SNCF. Second coffee. Croissant and away. On Notre Dame cathedral there was a light show. A large audience had gathered opposite on the steps. I asked what they were all waiting for... As I pondered the walk back to the Airbnb apartment I watched most of it talking about different cathedrals I've visited over the years with Gabin: bar man with an extensive knowledge of beer and English industrial towns ... Manchester and Liverpool and a third he simply couldn't recall the name of... We had drunk too many biere artisanal...

This Barbie bollocks. I can't believe it. The world is plastic. But the shape made is appalling ... It's the monster the world has been becoming as far back as I recall. It's not to be treasured. It's faulty and must be relieved of its pain. I really can't stand it at all. What is it? It's of no substance so it doesn't exist. The illusion.

Comments

Popular Posts