leaving Le Havre

Nearly missed the stop for Harfleur! It was a short journey.

Being here reminds me of seeing Henry Vth with Tom back during university days. We were very high up so it wasn't perfect to see or hear from there and I think we had a pillar for company, but it was a RSC production so it was worth the strained necks? Once more into the breach...

***

Around an hour later and I headed back to Le Havre. If I had more energy I would have walked back to Le Havre as it was only 8.5kms between it and the La Plage, at the end of the tram line(€4.50 on all transport all day). After briefly seeing the cleaners I took full possession of the yacht for the evening. Then went and had a thorough shower.

This morning, Saturday, I just missed the bus towards Honfleur(122 to Caen) so that has to be another occasion: the bus left just as the travel office opens to get a ticket. You need cash otherwise... France in the 21st century. Now I am heading north on the 13 to Étretat where the French White Cliffs are so I head east along them until I reach the nuclear power station? Just had time to grab a coffee and croissant and we're off.

The yacht was comfortable, but the celling was very low so bumped my head; getting out of the cabin I felt like John Cheese doing an extremely funny walk. I went to sleep around 8:30pm after a burger opposite the cruise ship terminal.

My system is clear. Today I walk: back toward the Somme with heavy clouds on La Manche.

Comments

Popular Posts