Getting to Bayeux

Tough halfway to Bayeux. I nearly fell flat on my arse in a huge puddle when I really wasn't on the path, in my head, at all. Things to ponder and too many distractions which don't mean anything at all. Back to reality? Perhaps ... Back to Galette Noir at Tapioca(€18 with a pichet 50cl bio Cidre ) on the high street in Bretteville L'Orgueilleuse with only 15 kilometres to go to Bayeux...
Today was tough. Even with the food I was wilting. It's humid and the area around Bayeux, called Bessin, is pretty flat. So at the roundabout heading onto the route nationale I auto-stop with a dental technician and his sweet Takt American sheepdog curled up at my feet. Gnow.

From the simple to the complicated! I thought, on a whim, to catch the bus to the sea, for a couple of hours, then back for a good night's kip at the hostel situated in an old monastery near the river, just outside the old town. Getting off the bus I popped across the road to see what time they returned from Port-en-Bessin to discover the one I had just seen disappearing back to Bayeux was the only one... So I quickly walked to the end of pier, back up to the end of the village and put thumb to work once more...



Comments

Popular Posts