first night in Beauvais

The fullest bus from Leeds to the airport, the fullest airport and the fullest plane, but, somehow, I coped and around midnight I found my way, after a piss across the street, to the Gîtes d'Etape(€15 with Credential) run by Les Amis du Beauvais vers Compostelle. Crept in took my sleeping bag to the room, was greeted by the guy from Amiens who was using the toilet and slept until around 6am.

Having dealt with my financial difficulties for July I can forget it until August, although, try as I might, I couldn't contact the DWP to ask them to do the Mandatory Reconsideration... So I must, at some point, this couple of weeks walking the Camino speak to them and start the long ball game rolling. It has to go to appeal once more but that took from September 2016 to April 2017 to be resolved ...

So here I am. Away from what can never help me towards the happiness I so sorely need: it's always so quiet on an evening in smaller French cities: although I do live directly above a couple of Leeds's main roads... But I just know England seems seldom to sleep?

Across from me, to remind me why I risked it once more (going through all the bottlenecks between Leeds and Beauvais) is the map of the main routes of the Camino heading east to west eventually hitting Santiago.

On the flight I managed to mediate a while, before the Ryanair crew began their rapid in-flight service and then spoke to a Brazilian girl(Flavia) next to me, doing a PhD, for the remainder of the short hop over to Tillé.

At the bus stop I just arrived in time for the Navette express, but, as is usual, it was a cash only affair! France hasn't grasped the change into contactless transactions on transport at all. Luckily the gentleman, Tim, who was by the window next to the Brazilian girl, and I could've sworn was Dutch, helped me to get into the area around the main square. He paid the €4. He was fine to let me off. He's traveling by train to Perpignan... The slow way... Interesting concept? Perhaps I too could head South and link up with a route I began in 2014 and got from Dieppe to Châtellerault. Really nothing is forcing me to walk anymore, expect the habit?

Today is a day of decisions!

Comments

Popular Posts