back to Leeds

So now I wait for the flight outside the airport. Like a buffoon, misunderstanding the system, I went to the Gîtes d'Etape on Rue de Paris, thinking I would be OK to stay for a couple of hours: just to chill away for sore temptations I Beauvais. I arrived, showered, washed a t-shirt and the shorts I've had on all the way and lay down on the bed just as Bernard arrived. But, no, it's impossible to stay for two hours without paying the full whack for the evening! Only €15, but I only have €5 left since coffee and the bus ticket from Amiens. I think I upset him and I really didn't mean to. I know that the rules are one night and onwards, but I am exhausted from battling mosquito fatigue, the long haul yesterday.and being stupid drinking after the nice, but not massive, Cod and white rice repase in La Gargouille.

But the good news is I managed forty winks, on my sleeping bag, on the floor in the departure lounge. I've done that in the past, but not for ages. I seemed to be more capable of roughing it than I am currently...

... Back in blighty. On the 34 from Benton Park School as the A1 was cancelled and not waiting an hour to catch another. Loads of traffic down Harrogate Road too.

Slept most of the time on the flight, which was busy, but I can cope with one hour - up and down - packed like sardines!

Comments

Popular Posts